LCBO WHISKY POP-UP TO SHOWCASE OVER 150 DIFFERENT WHISKIES INCLUDING EXCLUSIVES AND LIMITED EDITION FINDS
MASTER DISTILLERS AND BRAND AMBASSADORS CONFIRMED FOR JAM-PACKED LINEUP OF COMPLIMENTARY EVENTS
For immediate release
Toronto, ON, October 12, 2017 – The weather is changing and so is the LCBO Pop-Up. Hot on the heels of its successful launch in support of Ontario wines, the space at 600 King Street West transforms into a whisky wonderland with the introduction of the LCBO Whisky Pop-Up. Beginning October 16, 2017, the LCBO Whisky Pop-Up is showcasing over 150 whiskies from around the world, all available for tasting and purchasing on-site. From timeless classics and new releases from a fresh crop of distillers, to an assortment of rarities and exclusives, the LCBO Whisky Pop-Up has offerings to suit anyone’s tastes and budget.
Open daily from 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., the space is playing host to a jam-packed lineup of complimentary events. Highlights include:
- Sip and savour the delectable pairing of Oysters and Bowmore Single Malt Whisky at an authentic oyster Luge (Saturday, November 4).
- Meet Maker’s Mark Brand Ambassador Matt Jones and watch as the Maker’s Mark team demonstrates the iconic bottle waxing technique on-site at the pop-up. Customers can also get their own personalized bottle with purchase (Thursday, November 2).
- Come meet Joshua Beach, Master Distiller of Wayne Gretzky Red Cask Whisky, and sample the smooth and refined blend from this celebrated local distiller (Wednesday, October 25).
- The Pop-Up culminates in an exclusive sampling for a select group of customers, of the Pappy Van Winkle’s 23 Year-old Bourbon – often hailed as the world’s best bourbon (Sunday, November 12).
Rounding out the schedule of free, public events are daily flight tastings, live music, and walk-in mixology sessions with Whisky experts such as, Canadian Club’s Tish Harcus and Master Blender Dr. Don Livermore. For more information or to see the full lineup of daily events, visit LCBO.com.
LCBO Whisky Pop-Up by the numbers:
- 4 new world whiskies
- 17 Irish Whiskies
- 32 Canadian Whiskies
- 32 American Whiskies
- 98 Scotch whiskies
- 41 Whiskies available for under $50
- 116 Whiskies available for under $100
- 10 pop-up exclusives
- $599 cost of most expensive Scotch whisky available at the Pop-Up